Last night I posted that Pakistan is an expert at killing Palestinians, a few people asked me to explain my words. Here is a reply that I wrote to one of my friends:
Pakistan Army helped train and direct the Jordanian army in its brutal repression of the Palestinian leadership which was…
my add: I haven’t read anything like this in a long time which gets so much misdirected after just two good paragraphs. Not in a mood to write a long reply after writing a zillion policy papers here are few points you might want to work on:
- No objection on the first two paras. But you might want to remind yourself on 90,000 Palestinians expelled from Kuwait in a week or general treatment of Palestinians around the Arab world where they are considered nothing more than leech and opportunists. It is only using them as a rallying point for hate towards Israelis/Jews/Zionists that makes Arab world give a hoot about Palestine.
- Pakistan fought alongside Arabs in the 6 Day War and then Yom Kippur War against Israel. Pakistani pilots flew sorties and combat missions against Israel where they were so much lethal that not only Arabs gave them high awards of gallantry but even Israeli Air Chief is on record saying that if they had one Nur Khan, Arabs stood no chance at all.
- If you are trying to equate India with Palestine, I have no clue what to make of it!
- Arming of Afghan Mujhaideen during Soviet Invasion with help of Israel? The closest Pakistan came to this was thanks to the film “Charlie Wilson’s War” which also just shows Arabs buying weapons from Israelis to be later sent to Pakistan for transfer to Afghanistan. But problem with all this is that in today’s Pakistan where thanks to this mess of Afghan wars is littered with Soviet weapons, we do not have any Israeli Uzis lying around! Which should be more than enough to invalidate your highly ill-formed hypothesis. This you would have known if you had any real experience of Pakistani dynamics apart from “articles” available on conspiracy blogs.
- Mossad at no time had any “permanent” presence in Pakistan. If Afghan Jihad did anything, it radicalised the Pakistani society making it next to impossible for any Government in Islamabad to have anything to do with Israelis. This was only recently tested when Musharaf tried to make at least civil contact with Israelis, which backfired in the worst possible way.
- At no time Israelis, trained Afghan Mujhahideen! I am actually now feeling a little bad responding to all these baseless conspiracy theories which interestingly no one has even put up before! (another indicator of how preposterous this is)
- Pakistan transferred Soviet technology to Israel? Seriously? Is this a sarcasm piece or what? Do you know the demography of Israel? How many of the Israeli citizens even today are of Russian descent? Even today one of the largest number of migrants to Israel under the RIGHT TO RETURN program are those who are either Russians or are from Eastern Europe (ex-CCCP).
- Pakistan destroyed Arab Nationalism? The country which has spent 70s-80s trying to act all Arab killed that same Nationalism?
I am sorry but as I said earlier, I haven’t read a more wrong analysis in a long time - and if this was not a sarcasm piece, I am just amazed at myself for stopping by to respond to this!
And since we are on this topic anyway, you might want to check how it was Israel expediting those directional fire radars to India during the Kargil conflict which tipped the balance of war in India’s favour.